The main function of a spring start-up is to get your system up and running. It also allows The Lawn Company to inspect your system by:
- Turn on the water to the sprinklers the correct way
- Looking for any broken or damaged spray heads
- Inspect the backflow preventer for any damage
- Make sure your controller is working properly
- Confirm each zone is working properly and adjusting heads accordingly
- Check for any system leaks
Taking the necessary precautions will save you a lot of time, money and unnecessary headaches when summer are finally here. Here are some things to indicate your system is ready:
- No more nights when the temperature drops below 40 degrees.
- Confirm the soil is frost-free at least 12" below the surface with a shovel.